I have and shall be visiting Brussels
on a regular basis.
Hotels in Brussels during the working week are expensive. I have at the moment a very long list of hotels on my del.icio.us tag list and on my google map. I am looking for an acceptably priced hotel near Rond Point Schuman
, or on Metro Line 1 with internet access. The *** Hotels I have tried do not have either internet, nor mini bars, and while I am not desperate for booze during the night, it is nice to have some water.
My Brussels Map
This is the Google Map, I have focussed it on the Rond Point Schuman
, in the European Quarter.
View Larger Map
- Sofitel; list prices are not cheap, but located on the Place Jourdain in the European Quarter, near the Berlaymont and Rond Point Schuman.
- Carrefour d'Europe, a Best Western near the Gare Centrale. On metro route 1 and the train to Zaventem. I have never stayed here since its always full and I book late.
- Le Meridien, a Starwood Group hotel, again near the Gare Centrale. Nice but pricey, often full if one books late.
- Comfort Art Hotel Siru, well written about in the Rough Guide, which is right about the decoration, but has no internet, let alone broadband. The mini bar was empty and a dispensing machine on the 6th floor was recommended. This had no water. It is above the Saint Germain Brasserie, which is nice, with good service. This is a 3* Hotel. The bathroom was huge and had a bath. Breakfast is served in the Brasserie. It is located on Place Rogier, so near the Gare du Nord and on Metro 2.
- I should try the Hilton Brussels, while I have a gold card, its interestingly located on the edge of the old town near to "Louise" and the "European Quarter". Its pinned on the Map above.
- I stayed in the "NH City Centre" once, good restaurant, smallish but adequate room, broadband internet, great views from the room I had, the location needs exploring, and it wasn't so well located for the business I had.
- Check out the Rough Guide
Things to do
- You can visit the European Parliament building.
- The pictures in the Musee des Belle Artes.
- The awesome Grand Place
- The Winterfest in St. Catherine's.